Henry County approved the qualifying fees for this year’s local elections. Qualifying fees are set by state law at three percent of the base salary.
The qualifying fee for district attorney and superior court judge are set by the Georgia Secretary of State. Qualifying for all positions will take place the week of March 2-6.
County positions on the ballot this year, followed by the qualifying fee, include the following:
- Chairman, Board of Commissioners â€“ $1,377.00
- County Commissioner; district I and II â€“ $1,071.00
- Board of Education; districts I, II, and III â€“ $556.38
- State Court judge, seats held by Chafin and Blount â€“ $4,975.84
- Probate Court judge â€“ $2,533.76
- Clerk of Superior Court â€“ $2,533.76
- Solicitor General â€“ $4,805.28
- Sheriff â€“ $2,597.77
- Tax Commissioner â€“ $2,533.76
- Coroner â€“ $1,950.00
The elections for board of education and judges are decided in the May primary election. Other positions will be decided in the November general election.