There are several new subdivisions either proposed or under construction in the Ola area. Here are the latest Ola updates as of June 2023.
This update provides a brief overview for the Ola area. Subscribers can learn more about each project by following the ”Learn More” links. Not yet a subscriber? Consider joining today.
Ola Updates June 2023
Right now, there are three new subdivisions under construction off or near North Ola Road. They include the following:
- 104 lots behind the Publix shopping center, owned by AMH for rental property. Learn More
- 134 new homes on 115 acres located south of The Farm Road, and
- 287 lots on 220 acres off Snapping Shoals Road, owned by Quinn Residences for rental property. Learn More
In addition, three proposed subdivisions are pending a rezoning decision. There is no date set when these properties will go before the board of commissioners (BOC). They are as follows:
- 106 acres at the northwest corner of state route 81 and North Ola Road, proposing a mixture of single-family homes, townhomes and quadraplexes. Learn More
- 244 acres south of state route 81 at Keys Ferry Road, requesting a new single-family subdivision. Learn More
- 210 acres north of state route 81 at Keys Ferry Road, proposing a new single-family subdivision. Learn More
The three projects above have presented to the zoning board. They must next go before the BOC for a final zoning decision.
Right now, there are two pending commercial requests. Both are near state route 81 at Upchurch Road. They are proposing the following:
- a gas station and retail space at the northeast corner of SR 81 and Upchurch Road. Learn More
- two food and drink restaurants on SR 81 east of Jake Lewis Drive. Learn More
Like the residential requests, these cases must present to the BOC for a final decision. Some applicants are waiting six months to more than a year between the zoning board and county commissioners’ meeting.
Finally, two outparcels are nearly complete at the Publix grocery store. They will be a new car wash and doctor’s office. According to real estate materials, the doctor’s office will be a Neuragenex Treatment Center. They offer non-narcotic and non-surgical chronic pain treatment options.
Featured image shows a map of Ola with markers for new and proposed developments. Henry County base map / Clayton Carte graphic.