The Henry County Chamber is hosting two upcoming candidate forums in September. There will be one forum each for county commissioner candidates and the local members of the Georgia General Assembly. Registration to attend either event is available on the chamber website.
Both forums will be at the Henry County Chamber of Commerce – Hudgins Room located at 1709 Hwy 20 West, McDonough. The events begin at 6 pm preceded by a meet and greet at 5:30 pm.
County Commissioner Candidate Forum
First, the chamber will host candidates for county commissioner on Monday night, September 12. Invited candidate are as follows:
- District 3 – Dee Anglyn III and Sarita Dyer
- District 4 – Vivian Thomas and Robert Kolpak
- District 5 – Kevin Lewis and Edward Toney
Registration for the county commissioner forum is here.
General Assembly Candidate Forum
On the second night, the chamber will host local candidates for the general assembly. The forum will be on Tuesday night, September 13. Invited candidates include the following:
- State Senate 17 – Brian Strickland and Kacy D. Morgan
- State Senate 25 – Rick Williams and Valerie Rodgers
- State House 74 – Karen Mathiak and William Harris
- State House 116 – El-Mahdi Holly and Bruce Bennington
- State House 117 – Lauren Daniel and Demetrius Rucker
- State House 118 – Clint Crowe and Sharonda Bell
In addition to the candidates above, there are several uncontested general elections for members of the local delegation. This includes Senator Emanuel Jones (district 10), Representative Demetrius Douglas (district 78), Rep. Angela Moore (91) and Rep. Regina Lewis-Ward (115). Together, the members of the local delegation oversee any changes to the county charter and local legislation.
Registration for the general assembly forum is here.
Visit our elections webpage for more info about the upcoming November 2022 election.
Featured image shows a Georgia flag with a microphone. Stock photo.