Henry County Elections announced the qualifying dates for the upcoming special election. The election will fill the unexpired district III term after the passing of Gary Barham. The elections board also approved the early voting schedule.
The election will occur on Tuesday, June 15. A runoff election (if needed) will take place on Tuesday, July 13.
The last day to register to vote and be eligible for the election is May 17. Voters may check their voter registration at mvp.sos.ga.gov. For further information or to request an absentee ballot, voters can call (770) 288-6448.
Candidates for district III can qualify next week, May 10â€“12, 2021. They can qualify from 9 am to 5 pm on Monday and Tuesday. Candidates also have Wednesday between 9 am and 1 pm. The qualifying fee is $1,050.00. Qualifying will take place at the elections office in McDonough.
District three residents can early vote in McDonough. The following dates and times will be open:
Henry County Elections Office
40 Atlanta Street, McDonough, GA
- May 24 â€“ 28 / 8 am â€“ 5 pm
- May 31 closed for Memorial Day
- June 1 â€“ 4 / 8 am â€“ 5 pm
- Saturday, June 5 / 9 am â€“ 4 pm
- June 7 â€“ 11 / 7 am â€“ 7 pm
The June 15 election includes the following:
- East Lake â€“ East Lake Elementary School*,
- Hickory Flat â€“ Tabernacle of Praise Church,
- Lake Dow â€“ Bethany Baptist Church,
- Lake Haven â€“ Henry Baptist Church,
- McDonough â€“ McDonough Presbyterian Church,
- McDonough Central â€“ Southern Crescent College,
- McMullen â€“ Ola Elementary School*,
- Mt Bethel â€“ Mt Bethel UMC,
- Timberridge â€“ St. Josephs Episcopal Church,
- Wesley Lakes â€“ Wesley Lake Elementary School*, and
- Westside â€“ Wesley Chapel UMC.
Polling places marked with an asterisk will be for the June 15 election only. Afterwards, McMullen will revert to Sharon Baptist Church. A permanent place for Wesley Lakes is TBD. The elections board approved the changes in April.
Featured image shows polling precincts in district three. Photo credit Henry County qPublic.
Support Moving Henry Forward
If you appreciate my work on this article, please consider supporting the site. For as little as $3 a month, you can help me keep you in the loop about our community. To become a supporter, click here.
Sign up for my e-mail newsletter. The newsletter is a great way to stay connected with Moving Henry Forward.