Following long lines on the first day of early voting and some voters experiencing wait times over seven hours, the Henry County Board of Elections held a special called meeting and approved a plan to open more early voting sites ahead of schedule. Beginning Thursday, October 15, the county has six early voting sites open.
Voters may participate in early voting at any location within the county. The six locations include the following:
Henry County Elections Office
40 Atlanta Street, McDonough, GA
Merle Manders Conference Center
111 Davis Road, Stockbridge, GA
61 McDonough Street, Hampton, GA
Locust Grove Library
115 MLK Jr Blvd, Locust Grove, GA
Fairview Recreation Center
35 Austin Road, Stockbridge, GA
JP Moseley Recreation Center
1041 Millers Mill Road, Stockbridge, GA
Remaining hours for early voting at all locations include the following:
- October 15 â€“ 16 / 8 am â€“ 5 pm
- October 17 (Saturday) / 9 am â€“ 4 pm
- October 19 â€“ 23 / 7 am â€“ 7 pm
- October 24 (Saturday) / 9 am â€“ 4 pm
- October 25 (Sunday) / 1 pm â€“ 5 pm
- October 26 â€“ 30 / 7 am â€“ 7 pm
Using information available from the Secretary of Stateâ€™s office, approximately one out of every ten early voters Monday through Wednesday had previously requested an absentee ballot. Georgia allows voters to change their minds and vote in-person, but first elections staff must verify the absentee ballot has not been submitted and cancel it. If you have your unused absentee ballot, bring it with you to the polling place to help speed up the process.
In addition to opening more polling places, County Manager Cheri Hobson-Matthews addressed the elections board this week on other steps the county is taking to assist voters:
- Operating a transit shuttle from the courthouse parking deck, located beside McDonough Municipal Court, and Alexander Park off highway 42 to the elections office to help with parking.
- Providing manpower and installing additional phones to answer votersâ€™ calls into the elections office.
- Supplying water to those waiting in line at the polls.
- Delivered additional PPE and sanitization supplies for polling place cleaning.
Visit our elections homepage for more information about the November 2020 election.