Georgia DOT has awarded a $20.3 million dollar contract to resurface I-475 in Macon. Project bids were received on January 17 before being awarded to C.W. Matthews Contracting Company, Inc. on January 31.
The projectâ€”consisting of 15.09 milesâ€”was the largest contract awarded in January. The estimated completion date is December 31, 2020.
The state awarded five contracts for interstate pavement markers in January. Three contracts were for segments of Interstate 75 throughout the state:
- 21.320 miles of pavement markers beginning at the Crisp / Dooly County line and extending to SR 26 in Houston County â€“ $3.6 million
- 8.900 miles of pavement markers beginning south of Canton Road Connector in Cobb County and extending south of Woodstock Road â€“ $3 million
- 3.080 miles of pavement markers beginning at the Cobb / Cherokee County line and extending south of Glade Road in Bartow County â€“ $887 thousand
Other projects included the following interstates:
- 19.600 miles of pavement markers on I-20 in Morgan, Newton, and Walton Counties beginning east of SR 142 and extending east of SR 83 â€“ $256 thousand
- 6.200 miles of pavement markers on I-16 in Bleckley and Laurens Counties beginning west of SR 112 and extending west of SR 26 â€“ $920 thousand
Finally, a bridge rehabilitation contract was awarded for I-675 over I-285 in DeKalb County. The $1.3 million dollar contract was awarded to McCarthy Improvement Company of Newnan, GA. The estimated completion date is October 31, 2020.