Early voting enters third and final week

Photo of Georgia voter stickers (AJC photo / Ben Gray)
(AJC photo / Ben Gray)
Photo of Georgia “I voted” stickers

Early voting for the November 2019 election is in its third and final week. Polls are open 7 am to 7 pm this week, October 28 through November 1, at five (5) locations throughout the county:

  • Henry County Elections office, McDonough
  • Municipal Court building, Stockbridge
  • Fairview Recreation Center
  • Fortson Library, Hampton
  • Locust Grove Library

Voters may visit any of the locations above to participate in both elections (county and city) that are on the ballot.

All polling places will be open next Tuesday, November 5, between 7 am and 7 pm for Election Day. City residents must visit both their county polling place and city polling place to participate in both elections if they wait until next Tuesday; early voting is strongly encouraged.

What’s on the ballot?

All Henry County voters may participate in the SPLOST V referendum. If approved, the local sales tax is estimated to collect $204 million over a five-year period.

The proposed SPLOST V program would distribute $155.9 million to Henry County and $48.1 million to the municipalities for use on capital projects. The county list is headlined by a proposed $22 million dollar aquatic center and budgets 50.5% of county funding towards capital improvements. The remaining 49.5% would be spent on transportation projects.

City residents have a second election to select city council members. Council positions are on the ballot in all four cities: Hampton, Locust Grove, McDonough, and Stockbridge. Additionally, the mayor’s seat in Locust Grove is also up for election.

Visit our Elections webpage to learn more about the city council elections, view the list of qualified candidates, or check your county polling place.

About Clayton 1477 Articles
Clayton Carte is the founder and owner of MHF News. He founded the site in 2017 to highlight transportation projects. Over time, he began covering other topics like new development so residents can best know what’s happening in our community.